You might want to attach the llb to see if someone from NI can recover part of it. They've been able to in the past but there is no guarantee.
This is unfortunate and just proves the point that has been mentioned many time on the forum about saving work in an llb. It should never, ever be done because this is what can happen. Of course, regular backups are something that is recomended as well. Sorry I don't have a definite answer for you. Good luck.
Rudi, thanks for the decorrupter vi. I ran it and i got all but the main, top level vi, which is what i really needed to retrieve. This vi gave me the same vi's as the NI Tech Support did earlier today. Do you think that the top level vi get's lost when this happens, is it even recoverable. Let me know. Thanks again for the vi's, should come of use in the future.
Message Edited by Rudi N on 11-17-2006 04:10 PM
You can convert the llb's into folders with exactly the same name (thus with the llb extension). This will leave your code intact. NI has done this with some of their code (search inside the labview folder for folders with an llb extension)
We use LLB's because our software changes quite a bit and we dont want to break any previous program because of this continuous revamping. It's worked well, except for this, that has happened a couple of times before.
Happy at last!
I was able to recover my llb from the temp directory (Options\Paths) where it resided under
the name of 'tarc24805840.llb' yet of same size as my corrupted library. The file was intact
and everything up until my last change was there. Now I learned my lesson the hard way
and will never again utilize the llb for storing my vi's, nice as it may seem.