LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.llb file Lower Version Conversion

Hi,

Looking for some guidelines to convert the .llb file into lower versions of LabVIEW. The thing is we have an instrument driver project created using LabVIEW 8.6, containing public and private folders and some .mnu files as well. I can save the whole project into the lower version, for say 8.0, using "Save for Previous Version" that again compiles and saves the whole project into another folder. The newly 8.0 project I opened and found that the private folders (containing .llb files) and .mnu file in public folders are still pointing to the older location i.e. 8.6 location. I removed the 8.6 code from its location and manually added private files to point to the 8.0 location. After I create installer for 8.0 codes using project file, I installed on new machine and found that private and .mnu files are missing and therefore could not proceed further. I can understand that .mnu files won't require any conversion but wondering why my 8.0 project are considering 8.6 location at all even after manually adding all the missing files back into the 8.0 code from 8.0 location. 

Please do suggest me if anyone has any idea for the same. Looking Forward.

Thanks in Advance,

Vivek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,523 Views)

Hi,

The problem seems to be with the way the project folders are saved. There are two types of folders viz Virtual and Autopopulating. By default when you create new instrument drivers project , Virtual folders are created. You need to convert them to Auto populating folder as shown in the figure below. Autopopulating folder refrences and updates as and when you make any changes to the actual file. Whereas A virtual folder is a folder in the project that organizes project items and does not represent files on disk.

Hope that solves your querry. 

proj.jpg

Shreyas Hebbare
Shreyas Technologies
India
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,455 Views)