LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listbox property errors with LV8.0

I have a program that runs fine in LV 7.1. However, when I try and move it up to 8.0 I recieve an error from the LISTBOX "TOP ROW" Has there been some subtle change in the property node with the new version. I would also like to be able to move it up to 8.2 as well. I have attached a copy of the VI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,127 Views)
Loading it in LabVIEW 8.0 or 8.20, the only error I get is about the missing subVI.

Could you explain the error you're seeing in a bit more details. What kind of error (popup, incorrect behavior, computer crash, etc, etc.)? Under what conditions does the error occur (e.g. when opening the VI, during run, always, sometimes, etc.)?

It might help to also wire the error clusters between all the property nodes and feed them to an error indicator. Currently, your "error out" just replicates the input error. Why not make it actually report something useful? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,119 Views)
Hey,

I figured out part of my problem. It wasn't with the "TOP ROW" property but with the "NumRows" property. I guess with 8.0 it returns a zero to start if you don't inialize it. So it was feeding a neg. number into "TOP ROW" causing it to spit out an error. However, I like the idea of having erros that actually tell me something. How would I do that?

PS: I'm pretty new to LabView (ie: a month) and am working on existing code trying to upgrade it, tidy it up, and improve it. So any advice is much appreciated at the moment.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,117 Views)