LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listbox problem - are very slow-working :(

hello again, i have a problem with my listbox...

i have a huge txt to read and put in a multicolumn listbox...my program works correctly, but it needs too much time to put all my data in my listbox...labview seems to crash 😞

after reading i manipulate my data (problem is not manipulating, i checked) in string form...after all i use "spreadsheet string to array" (i found that it works faster than use my data in an array form from the beginning)

do you have some usefull opinion to make my program faster?

thanks

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,679 Views)

Can you post your code or a screenshot? And how huge is your data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,671 Views)

i prefer send it by mail if it's not a problem for you 🙂

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,668 Views)

What about a screenshot? I'm not willing to accept an email.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,658 Views)

There are a number of ways to slow a program down, while loops taking over (need a small delay in, multiple nested for loops....) it would be very helpful if you could post a screenshot at least so we can give an accurate diagnosis at the moment we can guess but likely to be wrong. Anything that you can post will make diagnosis much quicker for you

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,654 Views)

And can you give us an idea of how much data you are putting in the listbox? Components that display data to the user were never intended to hold "huge" amounts of data. Think of your poor users. Besides, that alone will slow your program down.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,648 Views)

i can't here sorry...1-there are many cases and subVIs, 2-it's for my job, maybe someone disagree 😛

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,647 Views)

I agree with not posting the entire code, but presumably you can post a screenshot of the suspect snippet

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,644 Views)

I understand if it's proprietary. In that case we can't do much unless you can post an example that isn't proprietary but duplicates your issue.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,643 Views)

i have about 16000 rows (4 columns).... 

i manipulate my data to have 3 different output, 1 for labview output in listbox, 1for file (just a string, so it's fast), another one for labview again (only 1 column, in a table...it's fast)..my only problem is to have a fast listbox

someone that accept that i send it via email please pm me his email address 🙂

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,639 Views)