LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linfitch.lsb porting mac to mac

I'm totally confused. I'm trying to port this program that has been working fine on another computer for the last 18mo. Whenever I bring the file over to the windows or mac machine I get an error about missing object code and the program starts searching for linfitch.lsb. I've searched the drive of the source machine and can't find the original code. This is really frustrating because I didn't write the original program and the people who did have long since left. If you have any ideas where I could find this file or how I could create it let me know.

When i looked at the manual it said that I should export the source from the original file to a .c file and recompile it on my new system. then i looked at the source that it exported and its simply an empty struct and 2 system calls. This is really kinda confusing. If i'm going to have to do a sorta recompile is it possible to do so with gcc on OS X? I'm really not into having to buy a compiler for this system if its simply going to be a dead end.

Thanks for all the help and your time
-Sloan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,048 Views)

@Sloan PHYS wrote:
I'm totally confused. I'm trying to port this program that has been working fine on another computer for the last 18mo. Whenever I bring the file over to the windows or mac machine I get an error about missing object code and the program starts searching for linfitch.lsb. I've searched the drive of the source machine and can't find the original code. This is really frustrating because I didn't write the original program and the people who did have long since left. If you have any ideas where I could find this file or how I could create it let me know.

When i looked at the manual it said that I should export the source from the original file to a .c file and recompile it on my new system. then i looked at the source that it exported and its simply an empty struct and 2 system calls. This is really kinda confusing. If i'm going to have to do a sorta recompile is it possible to do so with gcc on OS X? I'm really not into having to buy a compiler for this system if its simply going to be a dead end.

Thanks for all the help and your time
-Sloan

.lsb files are code resources for CINs. A CIN is compiled for a particular platform such as Mac 68k, Mac PPC, Windows REX (LabVIEW for Windows 3.1), Windows 32 bit, or Linux x86, Solaris Sparc and a few other systems not anymore supported by LabVIEW. It is then loaded into the Code Interface Node on the diagram of a VI through the developer. Since it is a compiled binary resource only it can only run on the platform for which it is intended. When you move such a VI from one platform to another LabVIEW recognizes that the code resource is not anymore valid and throws it away. But in order to run that VI you need a code resource in the CIN.

Basically you have two cases. The VI containing that CIN is a standard LabVIEW function provided by NI. In that case there should be a new function in the LabVIEW system which does the same operation for that platform. Those VIs are located in vi.lib. If your LabVIEW version was very old (3.x or 4.x) you may also have to look for a compatibility package to be installed to provide old VIs which are considered obsolete since there are newer and better functions to do the same.

If the VI having this problem however is a VI developed by the former developer of your application you will have to either find the C source code of the CIN and recreate your CIN code resource from that or you can try to reimplement the functionality using LabVIEW functions instead.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,042 Views)