From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited to one enum type def per panel

I placed two enum controls on a panel and edited them with my desired values.  I was able to right-click and "advanced-customize"one into a type def ctl file.  When I right-clicked on the second enum, "customize" was grayed out.  No problem.  I saved my first type def, then deleted and created the two enum controls, made the second enum into a type def and save it.  I then deleted both enum controls, dragged and dropped the two type def controls on to my panel.  However, now, I can right click on one control and find the "type def" menu options but the other control has the usual non-type def menu options.  I redid the drag-and-drop and reversed the order of which control was place on the panel.  It seems that the second type def dropped on to the panel retains its 'type def'-ness and the first control becomes a simple enum control.  Does LV only allow for one type def per VI?

I'm using Labview 8.6.1

Message Edited by mysticfree on 06-19-2009 11:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,212 Views)
update:  I've discovered that if I customize one control into a type def, save the type def, delete the original control, then drag-and-drop the type def onto the panel, I can have more than one type def in the VI.
Message Edited by mysticfree on 06-19-2009 11:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,207 Views)

You can have as many typedefs as you want, and you don't need to be deleting anything. The limitation is with the right-click operation of Advanced->Customize. This is limited to only one control editor window open at a time. You can still open up a new control editor window for a second typedef using the File->Open menu option.

This limitation has been addressed in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.

Message 3 of 3
(2,202 Views)