From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lifelines trackit EEG recording with LabVIEW

Hi all,

I'm working with nhmh on interfacing with this device. Right now, the goal is to merely send a command and receive a message saying that the device is available and the connection is okay (trackit calls this as heartbeat). Please see the attached Word documentation as part of strip down version of the whole manual. I've written a simple VISA write and read to interface with the device but to no avail. The VI either writes character by character to the serial port with 2 ms delay in between or send all characters at once - I honestly am not sure whether it makes any difference or not. You can refer to 3.2.1 as to the command I used to send to the device. In hex it is 1c00 0068 0d. I can't seem to figure out what is 1c in normal character (the manual refers this as FS. What is FS? Free space? Full stop?) Apart from '1c', the rest of the commands in normal character is 00h(CR), which (CR) refers to carriage return.

I think I've followed everything as in the manual (ie. command in hex, max character not more than 7 bit, baud rate, etc.). I hope someone can point out where I did wrong. I hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(525 Views)
Anyone?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(499 Views)