LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lifelines trackit EEG recording with LabVIEW

Hi, I am trying to control a lifelines trackit EEG (www.llines.com) recorder using LabVIEW via serial communication (DB9). Does anyone has any experiences connecting this device with labview? I've done several communication via serial communication with labview before but not as tough and difficult as the current task. I am not able to understand the device (trackit) command in order for me to apply the Basic Serial Read and Write VI. Please advice. I have the Lifelines trackit recorder Interface specification in softcopy as reference but do not know how to attach here. Please let me know if you guys need the  copy as reference. TQVM

Host Transmit Write Data and Write Command
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> [EOP]
Or:
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> [Data]# [EOP]
Or:
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> <Data># [EOP]
Or:
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> {Data}# [EOP]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,436 Views)

Hi nhmh,

what is this:

Host Transmit Write Data and Write Command
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> [EOP]
Or:
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> [Data]# [EOP]
Or:
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> <Data># [EOP]
Or:
[SOP] <AddrHi> <AddrLo> [Chr(W)] <ParamBlock> <Index> {Data}# [EOP]

?

Are this some of your commands?

How many device can you connect over one serial line?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,430 Views)

Hi Mike,

That is not my command, that is the command given by the manufacturer which I do not know what should i replace/write in the command. I only connect 1 device to my notebook via serial communication.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,422 Views)

Hi nhmh,

i think your description for the device should explain, what you have to send and what you have to replace.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,414 Views)

Hi nhmh,

maybe it is "SOP" -> start of package and "EOP" -> end of package. Do your device have an adress?

Mike

Message 5 of 12
(3,408 Views)

Dear Mike,

Yes, I know that the SOP stands for Start of packet and EOP is end of packet. EOP normally represented by the CR icon in labview (CR= carriage return) but i do not know what is represented SOP in labview. All i know that SOP symbol in hex is the FS (file separator if i am not mistaken).

Where can I find the adress? please advice

I won't be able to use internet for the next two days (out of town), and will response your reply once i managed to use internet line. tqvm

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,388 Views)
Sounds like the address is something you would have to set, either on the device or through a command (provided you know the current address).  That info *should* be in the manual for the device.
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,382 Views)

Is there a demo program from the manufacturer that works?? you can use portmon or NI spy to capture the serial datastream and reverse engineer the labview code. Sometimes ya have to think like a hacker.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx

http://www.ni.com/support/gpib/max/nispy.htm

Message Edited by unclebump on 02-16-2009 08:34 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,379 Views)
The sending of the SOP character is rather trivial and you have several means to do it. You can set the string control/constant to hex display or '\' Codes Display, you can convert a number to a string with the typecast, an array of numbers to a string with the byte array to string, etc. All of these techniques have been mentioned numerous times in the hundreds of times that the question of sending hex has come up. What you need the most help with is understanding the rest of the message string and you have to post the manual. This too, is a simple matter. Just click  'Add Attachments' that you can see right below the message body.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,373 Views)

Dear Unclebump,

Thanks for your suggestion using NISpy. I will try on this later since I don't have the hardware with me know as I am out of office at the moment.

TQVM 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,363 Views)