LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

letter to graph points

Solved!
Go to solution

hello, i am doing project and i wanted to place the letter in xy graph and wanted all the set of coordinates where the dark there,i have uploaded some example images,please can any one suggest me how to do in labview and provide the site link

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,573 Views)

what is your general problem that you want solved

what is your naive algorithm for your problem

what is your input and your desired output

do you have a vi already starting to handle your problem? show it to us (as vi or snippet)

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,565 Views)

actually i want to move the motors according to geometry of letter,my idea is to place the letter as image in graph and collect all the coordinate points of dark position and generate signal accordingly. i have uploaded the image

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,546 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author donthi

i still see no algorithm, here is my proposition

1. convert image to 2d array (best to have it b&w only or grayscale)
  2. for every pixel
    1. if black (or higher than threshold) store the coordinate
  3. 'normalize' your coordinates (e.g. top left is zero,zero)
  4. for every normalized coordinate
    1. move motor to position

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 4 of 7
(2,535 Views)

thank you very much,one last doubt will it take time to read all the pixels and even i want to do the following(in pictures),separate the joinings in the letter that means the dark line or curve should have no branches.in the images the letter should be divide so the curve should not have branches.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,524 Views)

algorithms take time, how much depends on your algorithm and input size

i have no clue what the algorithm for separation would be

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,515 Views)

i would be interested if you come up with one, that you post it here

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,503 Views)