LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

let's rock... altenbach...

I am willing to help with well defined polite questions, but I will not clean up code that has no well defined purpose (requirements) and resembles the Augean stables .

This is a technical forum. The losers are the ones that ignore advice from the experts. The winners are the ones that listen and learn. The LabVIEW experts are just the judges.

In any case, this thread has way too much offtopic chatter, so let's take advice from an old cartoon:

2sides.png

I'm out. 😄

Message 11 of 26
(1,513 Views)

What an attitude of entitlement by the OP! Way to go to get your work done! One thing you can’t be accused of is to write short texts. You still fail to describe what your problems are and blow all advice about real problems in your code in the wind as being irrelevant to the code at hand. Since you know so well, you should really be able to do this program 100% perfect in a day or two and I do not understand where your claim comes from to have worked weeks on it already!

Calm down, breath deeply and think about your aims: Is it to finish your project in a good way or is it about alienating with an entire community?

In the first case you should rethink your approach, in the second case there have been guys like you before who have come and fairly quickly gone. It was their loss!

And if I was your professor or boss or whatever and learned about your unprofessional conduct on here, you would have some real explaining to do why you should deserve a sufficient mark.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,484 Views)

Rolf, ma' friend, It's my birthday... I have 4 week from the day that I start to read about Labview, be indulgent please. 

"And if I was your professor or boss or whatever and learned about your unprofessional conduct on here, you would have some real explaining to do why you should deserve a sufficient mark"

ma' friend... never... ever. in this or in another life... that I remember... I have no boss, my teachers... dyed... some years ago... I'm only a visitor here, with all deserved respect for this incredible community.

calm down take the life as it's come... and follow the Bobby McFerrin opinion...  be happy, don't worry... 😉

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,449 Views)

This philosophy guide me al my life, is one of them. 

go where there is no path copy.JPG

Well... altenbach, I think that I corect all that you say. something else ?! 

xipxid_1-1619908479842.png

I ask to... "philosophers" (I don't address you altenbach), be kind ad be objective, shut me but... objective...

Best regards, Marcelo

P.S. somebody that know what it speaking... PID on LabView or on microcontroller ?!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,443 Views)

@xipxid wrote:

Well... altenbach, I think that I corect all that you say. something else ?!  

Not. Even. Close. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,416 Views)

Marcelo,

Despite your braggadocio, you did come here in good faith. The program you put together is far from the worst I've seen a beginner do. Still, there are some fundamental concepts you seem to be lacking, and arguing with us here on the forums won't help you gain them.

I have attached a modification of your VI with several comments that, hopefully, will set you down the right path. I didn't do everything for you, but it is a framework that you can easily turn into a much better (and more easily supported) program.  Note that this took about 20 minutes, including comments... not 3 days 🙂

Best of luck in your future development, and I would suggest that you might want to reconsider your approach to getting help.

Message 16 of 26
(1,407 Views)

@xipxid wrote:

let see you... I bet that you don't make it 30% better !!! I make this and I DON"T KNOW LABVIEW. you have a life... in... LabView.

Not that you make it very attractive to help you, but let's say we do...

Make it 30% better at what?

30% lower CPU usage?

30% less nodes?

30% less screen resources?

30% better readability?

30% funnier?

I agree, we won't be able to be able to do all of the above.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,293 Views)

"30% funnier?" are enough, you already made it !

let's be serious... man... this is the only that you can do ?! are the only... constructive approach that you can put here ? are you serious ?! well... if you are serious... when I want to program this for a 386 at 700 MHz (that I have it here with an NT OS)... I promise that I'l contact you.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,285 Views)

on the serious side at my problems, I understand the importance and advantage of a "Master Cluster". few of them is that you can go in every place with a wire, unbundle buy name this wire and have all that you put in "Master Cluster" at your disposition, you can use one of more "variables" that you put in them. even you can make a separate vi with them. my question is...

is needed a special strategy to create a "Master Cluster" ?! lets detail for example... are ok to put all that you thing that repetitiv use in future (arrays, sub arrays, clusters, paths, buttons... all variables that you can use) or is needed to make more than one "Master Custer" , one for arrays and sub arrays, one for paths, one for buttons and so on ?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,272 Views)

Clusters can have any and all values stored in them.

If you are passing data between different VIs, you should check out Action Engines.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,256 Views)