From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legend text length < 30

I am trying to set my legend names to a string longer then 29 charters but can not.  If I try to set it to a string larger then 29 I get a Runtime error that the attribute value passed is not a valid value but do not get the error if the string is 29 charters or less.  I have set the ATTR_LEGEND_AUTO_SIZE to 1 and manualy set the legend to a larger size but my text length max still is on 29.  Is there a way to set the Max Text length in the legend to something larger?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,550 Views)

TokarzJ wrote:
I am trying to set my legend names to a string longer then 29 charters but can not.  If I try to set it to a string larger then 29 I get a Runtime error that the attribute value passed is not a valid value but do not get the error if the string is 29 charters or less.  I have set the ATTR_LEGEND_AUTO_SIZE to 1 and manualy set the legend to a larger size but my text length max still is on 29.  Is there a way to set the Max Text length in the legend to something larger?

Doesn't that property determine how many names are listed in the legend? 

I can get more than that when I tried a chart in LV 8.6.

Plase post an example that demonstrates this issue.

Just trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 5
(2,545 Views)
I'm using labwindows 7.1 and I had miscounted it is 30 charters or less that I can use.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,537 Views)

OK now I see why I am confused!

Try re-posting this question the the Labwindows forum. This forum is for LabVIEW.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 5
(2,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,504 Views)