LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

led glow through parallel port.

ok I shall try to do play with the example Dennis mentioned and shall get back.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(1,506 Views)
Just one small doubt In Labview can I program in such a way that I glow an LED using a push button rather than using a toggle button from parallel port? If yes how?
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(1,482 Views)

Assuming you are talking about this Booleans.PNG, then of course. They are exactly the same on the block diagram which you should have been able to check yourself. The difference is totally cosmetic.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(1,473 Views)
In programming part how will you make a push button work like an toggle switch. I don't want to manually ON and OFF
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,447 Views)

First, be careful with your terminology.  Something that is manually on and off would be a toggle switch.  What you are describing is actually called a momentary switch.

If you want something that will pop back up automatically you need to set the mechanical action of the switch to Latched when released.  The button will stay down once you press and release, and will pop back up automatically once LabVIEW reads its value.

This is basic LabVIEW knowledge.  I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials:
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,444 Views)

And these:

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try looking at some of these tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,431 Views)

The Prolem is I am not able to explain the problem very well.

But I will try again. 

In My hardware..Parallel port hardware is having 8 LEDs (D0 to D7).

and 5 Status port (In the form of Push Buttons) 

Basically I want to access those push buttons(Status port) Like the toggle button.

In the sense that... if i press one push button it becomes 0 and the moment I release that button it comes back to its intially position ie 1. since it is a push button. that means i need to keep holding the button till my work is not done and then release the button.

But in my hardware I cannot change those push buttons with toggle button so that it remains 0 if i press once and if I press again it should go 1.

So basically I need to program in such a way that My push button acts like toggle button. 

Pls don't suggest me to use boolean buttons I cannot do that. I have to access only from hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,384 Views)

I think I understand.  See the attached code.

Since I don't have hardware, I simulated it with a boolean button that is set for Switch until released, so it acts like a momentary hardware push button.  Replace that control with your Read DAQ function.

I use one shift register to remember its last state and special boolean logic so that it only acts on the transition from false to true.  With that it toggles your output boolean using exclusive OR logic.  That is also maintained in a shift register to remember the current state of your output line.

There may be other ways to implement this logic and even combine the boolean operations a bit more, but this seems to work the way I now understand what you are trying to do.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-03-2010 10:38 AM
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(1,367 Views)