From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

led glow through parallel port.

Hi,

My status port of parallel port goes to default when no action is performed i have put that in a while loop..  how to solve that in Labview. I need to access status port S3,s4,s6,s7,s5 and the out put is connected to the data port of parallel port. when i press s3, the LED of data port glow's for a while and then when i release the s3 button it goes to default value,which i don't want it to happen.

I basically want to glow a led through parallel port and it should remain on even if i try to glow another led through parallel port. the staus port of parallel port will give input to the pc and data port receives the output(data port has 7 leds).

Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(3,537 Views)
You should be careful then driving LEDs directly from the LPT port. A LED need about 20mA in current and a standard LPT port can not source so much current pr pin.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 2 of 28
(3,516 Views)

I have taken care of the current flow, can you help me with the logic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(3,506 Views)
I am sorry this issue is not solved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(3,497 Views)

You should not mark your response as the answer. You should not mark anything as the answer until you actually have an answer. Click on 'Options' to change.

It sounds like you have the incorrect mechanical action of a Boolean. Since you did not attach your code, can't get any more specific than that.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-24-2010 06:03 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(3,496 Views)

Sippy wrote:

I have taken care of the current flow, can you help me with the logic.

And by logic you mean how to code this in Labview?

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(3,491 Views)
Yes because what ever i have coded, the moment i release the status port (say s3)   It immidiately goes to default say does nothing.for example it is acting like keys present in computer key board (the moment you press it does the specific task when you release the button it does nothing) . But I want it to work like the "caps lock" button present in the keyboard, once you press the caps in ON when you press again the caps is OFF. but through my Status port of parallel port.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(3,456 Views)
Post your code, so we may take a look at it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(3,448 Views)
Basically need to modify the last part..
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(3,438 Views)
I'm sorry, that VI just has too many problems for me to even start to recomend a fix. It really has to be rewritten from scratch and it really, really has to be rewritten without local variables.
Message 10 of 28
(3,424 Views)