LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laview arduino robot arm

Hi all,

i'm new in Labview & i see it is interesting . Now i'm doing my project " control 5 degrees of freedom by using labview and arduino" for my graduation thesis. i already communicated between arduino and labview, and made simple control servo but i want to program labview to remember the angle of servo then it can work automatically. anybody please show me some tips or template for that. thanks. i'm sorry if i give you miss info or made you misunderstand because i'm not good at English

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,213 Views)

Hello,

I am assuming that you are using the LabVIEW LINX Toolkit?  I think that in this situation, a state machine is the best way to implement this design.  Also, it seems like using shift registers within the while loop would be useful.

Here is a good document outlining state machine architecture:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7595/en/

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,174 Views)

The simplest, easiest way to do this is store the positions in a 2D array, then recall each position from the array and ask the servos to hold it for a set amount of time. To store it a bit more permanently you could store it into a .txt or a .tdms

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,167 Views)

Thanks for your answer, i use arduino tool kit because it show degrees when we control angle. i already commnunicate between Labview, ariduino and servo and i use subvi to save degree of servo but the problem now is the servo moving so fast, can you help me the method to reduce speed of it. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,026 Views)

Try a progressive approach, that is, if you're moving it from 0 to 180 for example, don't send a 180 right off the bat at the servo but say, send a 10, then a 20 and so on, with a fixed amount of time between orders. Practice makes perfect, so just experiment until it runs smoothly. Also I wouldn't rely exclusively on what arduino sends for acuraccy, I have used the LIFA to control servos, and it varies from servo to servo, depending on manufacturer, some would be accurate down to a 1 degree variance, while others would be off for as much as 25.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,015 Views)

yes, i'm moving on that way , i used for loop to increase the angle gradually. Now i encounter the problem is the servo write angle didn't understand the signal i sent from interation (i) of For loop due to different type and i don't know how to convert from 1D array of long ( For loop sinal ) to U8

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,013 Views)

Huh? I did not fully understand that, can you please rephrase and attach either VI or snippet?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,008 Views)

sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy , you can see the picture i took from my VI 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,006 Views)

That won't do, SPECIALLY in a stacked sequence structure (many have advocated for its removal). We need either a VI or a useable snippet, not a screenshot, otherwise we can't really understand what's going on for example, in cases we can't see

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,990 Views)

wow, these are my VI and sub VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,971 Views)