cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest instument driver for keithley 2400 sourcemeter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All

I am having trouble in communicating with Keithley 2400 sourcemeter with GPIB/Rs232.(currently using the driver from keithley website)

I did a preliminary search in the forum and learnt that there has been some bugs in the drivers.

So is the latest driver avilable from NI website the corrected version?

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=25B255F3AA83660EE0440003BA7CCD...

IS the above one suitable for both GPIB abd RS232.

regards

Sivanand Somasundaram

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,659 Views)

You can see the date of the latest change for yourself and it states quite clearly it is for GPIB and RS-232. Since you are vague about reported bugs and extremely vague on the nature of your 'trouble', there's not much more help that could be given to you.

If you are really having 'trouble', provide details!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,643 Views)

Sorry for the lack of information.

I tried using three different drivers and got the following errors:

1.-1073807298
Ke24xx Initialize.vi<ERR>Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error.

The above one is for For LV6.Vi using VXI/PNP driver obtained from keithley website.

2.Using keitley driver smu example

Error was

VISA Write in Keithley 2400 Series.lvlib:Basic Source-Measure Example.vi

3.For the driver from NI website it had an example for source measure and the error message was

1073807304 occured at visa clear in intialize.vi.
BUs error ocured during transfer.

So i changed the bus address form 0 to 21 and got the following error.

1073807195 occured at visa open in intialize.vi
The interface type is valid but the specified interface number is not configured.

The primary address was same in the pgm and the instrument.But I am not sure of the bus address ?how is the bus address configured in the instrument?

I am also attaching the three sample vi's that i tried to use.

Moreove rthe Vi resource name does not detct GPIB automatically as it does normally.

Kindly do suggest what could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,629 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author siva0182

I think there has been a problem in the GPIB bus address.I used MAX and tried triubleshooting and refixed the GPIB and finally the intrument got connected sorry for the trouble.

The driver downloaded from NI website works fine.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,627 Views)