LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large clipboard causes labview to hang

I've found that if I make a large copy to windows clipboard, Labview will hang. I first started having problems using photoshop to copy a picture and paste into LV control. Sometimes the front panel would stop responding and I'd be able to save and close using the diagram. I then discovered that if I copy a large text file into windows clipboard (8 to 15 MB), my labview program would stop responding. The task manager showed Labview still running and accessing memory but the program would not respond and I had to force quit. I tried waiting to see if LV would recover but even after 30 minutes there was no response. I've been able to repeat this condition on several different PC's with varing amounts of Ram available. Only LV would stop responding, the other programs had no problem. I'm using vs 8.2.1
Anyone else out there have this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,970 Views)

@jdam wrote:

Anyone else out there have this problem?
Yes.

It is interesting that this problem was reported two years ago. When I contacted NI support and provided a 40K line file to the app engineer, I was able to hang their LabView Program. They told me this was the first they knew of the problem and would work toward a fix. In this case, Labview doesn't slow down, it quits responding altogether.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,950 Views)
Hi there,
I just wanted you all to know that this issue is known within NI and is something that is taking a long time to work out because it is part of a larger implementation in the LabVIEW code itself. I assure you though they are working to fix the issue - so expect to see it in future versions of LabVIEW. Thanks!

Stephanie
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,923 Views)