LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lan or network spy

Dear friends;

I want to spy from network with defined IP and port number (my network protocol is TCP/IP) and I want to show spyed data as text.

please help me, how I can do it?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,508 Views)

Are you gonna do this with LabVIEW?

If you're an IT/network administrator and there are some policies that tell your users that they are under suveilance on your network, I could tell you some tricks. But it has nothing to do with LabVIEW, so I don't think it would be propriate to give links to other sites on this topic. It also almost crosses the border on what is legal or not.

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,505 Views)

Maybe I misunderstood? Do you want to see the traffic from for example an instrument that is connected to your computer through the network? Or is it like seeing other peoples traffic on the LAN/WAN?

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,501 Views)
Search for "Wireshark" and/or "Ethereal".

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,494 Views)

@Phillip Brooks wrote:
Search for "Wireshark" and/or "Ethereal".

and this could help

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/WinPCAP-for-LabView-v-0-1-alpha/td-p/343479

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,490 Views)

I did this on Linux once. With ethereal and man-in-the-middle. It should be used with care though.

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,486 Views)

you assume that we have unknown network that send some data to IP:192.168.0.1 & port:5000 and I want to connect to this IP & port and read these data as string (text) and I get some information from these string. (i.e. I want to discover meaning of these data.) for example I must send command to this network for connect to it and then I read data from it or write data to it during run of my software and application.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,479 Views)

Maybe the  The portlistener can help you listen to the port. Atleast so you can read some data and check the port you want. Unfortunately I don't know som much about how to use LabVIEW to do this. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,472 Views)

Hi javadi_ali,

if your are part of the connection as a client, then please see the examples in the example finder, for how you can connect to a server.

Sorry, i thought you would like to get the data from an existing connection, because you have used the word "spy".

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,469 Views)