From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

Solved!
Go to solution

How does one switch a vector from being a horizontal array to a vertical array in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,177 Views)

A 1D array doesn't matter.  Only when you are trying to combine multiple arrays do you really need to worry about that.  What problem are you running into?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,172 Views)

I'm trying to do loads of arithmatic with multiple arrays.  Half of them are vertical and the other half are horizontal.  I guess my real question is- Is it possible to do arithmatic with arrays that are not all vertical or not all horizontal?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,167 Views)

Oh yeah, and I'm working with all 1D arrays.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,165 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author a1wd3

Are you referring to how the 1D arrays are displayed on the front panel?  In the actual data, it is just a 1D array.  It doesn't matter if the front panel shows the array vertically or horizontally.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,164 Views)

Thanks! I'm a super-beginner right now so I think the way the front panel displayed it to me just was a little confusing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,156 Views)