From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview web server does not respond when the request parameters are too large or the length is too long.

Using labview as a web server, there is no problem when there are few requests. But when the request parameter is too long, the service will not respond. Where can I configure the length limit of the request parameter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(686 Views)

Hi friend,is the request type you are using GET?GET has a length limit for 1024 characters.You can use POST which has no length limit.

My English is not very good,welcome to correct my mistakes.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(670 Views)

Thank you, but POST is also restricted. How can I modify this restriction?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(652 Views)

There are multiple ways of changing the URL length limit depending on how you are using your web service. If you are publishing the web service using the Application Web Server then modify "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\NI WebServer\NIWebAppServer.conf" and add "LimitUri 4096" to the end of the file without the quotes.

If you are running the Debug Web Server by just clicking start on the web service then modify "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW\resource\webserver\niwsdebugserver.conf" and add "LimitUri 4096" to the end of the file without the quotes.

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(642 Views)