Solved!
Go to solution

FOR_loop.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,753 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vanashree

If you see, you are using VISA write in while loop not only when sent command is pressed. Instead use one EVENT structure with send command as one case. Use VISA write inside only. This will ensure you are using VISA write only when it is needed. 

Use something like this 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 12 of 24
(1,727 Views)

k i will try the event structure

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,716 Views)

at nyc the for loop u sugessted wil generate the arrays no doubt but i have to use index array further to call a specific element. n next how would this improve my communicaion problem?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,714 Views)

Ranjeet Singh the event structure which u suggested sks me wire an extra event of timeout.when i delete the timeout 5oo the prog doesnt run.when i add an event for time out the looks like the way i have attached. now it doesnt work. mean when i run the prog first time transmissoin led on arduino is on continously then when i click on send command led labview seems to be hanged for few seconds then on arduino for long time recv and transmit leds are on. then after 4-5 min only trans led on arduino is on.but vtg on pin is not seen at any instant of time.

this is very wierd.

can anybody help?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,683 Views)

What did you do in your attached vi. you simply draged and image and put it on block diagram??

Timeout event will fire if no registered event is there to execute.

if you do not wire the timeout terminal or give it value of -1 it will never timeout so this event won't be executed.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,672 Views)

neos, i know his hats y i added event for timeout also but still things dont work my arduino still responds after 2-3 minutes

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,656 Views)

kindly go through the block diagram i have aaded an event for timeout but should i add some stopping stuuff in tha event or leave it blank?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,655 Views)

The problem is that your vi is only opening as an image in LabVIEW 2012 and 2013, so we can't see all of your block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,642 Views)

thanks ranjeet event structure works upto great extent

i will work on my prog and revert very soon

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,626 Views)