LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview to webserver or database

i am currently doing something on Labview with the oscilloscope hp-54522A. i have the oscilloscope driver, a GPIB-ENET and an NI488.2M driver.

what i would like to do is create a program that would allow me to display the readings on the oscilloscope. i need to make the viewing secure. i am using an iplanet web and application server. is there a way for me to transmit the information through the ni server to the iplanet server? can i do use a servlet to retrieve the information? is it possible for me to recreate the graph so that the information is real-time?

another thing i would like to do is try to get the information from the graph and put it into an oracle database. do i need an sql-toolkit to do that, or is th
ere another way? how is the data from the graph saved?

but first of all i need to create the oscilloscope vi which i am not sure of how to do.

i hope that u can help me with this. thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,641 Views)
You can use a local variable in your diagram to obtain data from graph and then using Sql-toolkit, you can create a connection through OBDC to any database you like....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,641 Views)
Hello,

Creating an Oscope should be fairly simple just use the driver and modify it to diplay the graph. You can publish the data across your network with datasocket and limit access with the datasocket manager, datasocket is not the fastest protocal, but since you are doing GPIB it should not matter. Datasocket is both with BridgeVIEW and LabVIEW.

If you choose to go with LabVIEW then you will need the SQL Toolkit to talk to LabVIEW and Oracle. When you read the data from your graph put each point into an array then when you are ready, transfer the data out of the array into your database.

To build an Oscope display for the computers you are going to use to subscirbe to the data to, you should be able to drop a graph down and make a DSocket connection. Then it sh
ould diplay as the data comes in.
Doug
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,641 Views)