LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview supportable stepper controller

Hello every one....

iam searching a lot for labview program supportable stepper motor controller...i have attached a texas instrument product it is a stepper controller....if anyone used previously let me know about this...my problem is have to use stepper motor without using MYRIO or any daq boards...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,204 Views)

If you don't want to use any NI hardware, then your best option would be to find a stepper motor controller that can be controlled via RS-232 (or UART with a FTDI USB to TTL lead). You can then read the documentation/manual for the controller to see the command you need to send using the NI-VISA API.

Just posting the picture of the controller isn't very helpful - you would need to post the link to the product page/datasheets.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,171 Views)

Thank you sir....i will attach link....and it  can control by pc usig their own controlling software....but my problem is all the RS232 or usb contained stepper motor controllers can support labview programming? plese how to choose...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,161 Views)

Yes - if the stepper controller supports Serial/RS-232 (whether through a physical RS-232 port or a USB to Serial converter - i.e. does it show up as a COM port in Device Manager) then you can control it through LabVIEW using NI-VISA. Look at the VISA examples in LabVIEW. You will need to find the documentation which tells you what commands you need to send to the controller through LabVIEW.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,154 Views)

is for every controller having own doccumentation? if  having motion controlling vis plese attatch sir..because iam new to the motion controlling....and i have attached a texas instrument product link plese reply us can it use for programming with labview because purchasing if it doesn't work means i will loss money...

Thanking you sir.......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,148 Views)

@hanumeshbujji wrote:

is for every controller having own doccumentation? if  having motion controlling vis plese attatch sir..because iam new to the motion controlling....and i have attached a texas instrument product link plese reply us can it use for programming with labview because purchasing if it doesn't work means i will loss money...

Thanking you sir.......

Yes - each controller (well...certainly for different manufacturers) will have it's own serial protocol / commands for operation. You need to do the work yourself to find out what the commands are (by reading the documentation) and whether or not you can control it in LabVIEW. You should look on their website or contact the manufacturer to get the information you need. In the worst case, you could use a Serial Sniffer to view the commands being sent/received to/from the motor controller from their software. You need to do the necessary research to make sure you don't lose money.

(blog)
Message 6 of 7
(3,142 Views)

THANK YOUSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,126 Views)