From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview runtime engine install hangs on rollback prev

When I try to install the runtime engine, windows 7 32 bit SP1, intel core2 duo T9600, I first get a message that a prev install, NI VC2005MSMs x86, has to be rolled back.

The roll back starts, and then the new install hangs early on - after the progress meter is at 1-4% (if varys) and the status is publishing info

Sometimes the roll back doesn't complete; it varys

I tried deleting every instance of labview/national instruments from the registry; add deleting every file I could find; that didn't help - the previous install is lurking someplace.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,950 Views)

Hey Ezra,

What version of the Run-Time Engine are you trying to install? Also, what versions of LabVIEW did you previously have on your machine (presumably the one that is hiding that is causing the roll back error)? If you could get me this information I could be able to see if there are any known issues that correspond to these particular releases.

Thanks,

Doug B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,932 Views)

Hello,

I am having this problem at the moment, I tried to install the LabViewRunTime Engine as it is required to run one of the programs my company owns that was written with LabView. The installation just froze, at around 3 or 4% with no warning or report. The first version I tried to install is the Runtime Engine version 7.x. I can't remember the version... I deleted the file thinking it was old.

Now I am trying to install NI LabView Run-Time 2011 SP1 (64-Bit) which I thought was the latest from the NI website, but the same thing is happening, the progress freezes at 0%. But when I click cancel the installation does not cancel, it just hangs.

I need to install the Run-Time to run the application that was written in LabView.

Regards

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,890 Views)

Hi Carlos,

To better help you out with this problem, I had a few more questions for you.

1) Did you install the software with administrator privileges?

2) Did you uninstall the software with administrator privileges?

4) Did you save LabVIEW to any non-default directory during installation?

5) When you uninstalled, what was the process you followed?

6) Was any of the software running when uninstallation began?

7) Do you have any other National Instruments software on the computer?

Brandon L.
Automation Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,875 Views)

I know this is an old thread but since there is no solution to it, I will post a potential solution. 

Why am I seeing the error: "The NI VC2005MSMs x86 installation has failed..." during installation?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/29A5562A9647DC49862579BE001D7195

Hope this helps anyone.

Yong Il Kwon

Application Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,591 Views)