LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview runs quicker when i click onto the scroll bar

We could reduce the testing time (I mean it got reduced by itself automatically Smiley Wink) by 0.2 sec, from 1.2 sec to exactly 1.0 sec, with this thing itself.

Then we did a lot of code optimisation to bring it down drastically to 0.65 sec. Smiley Happy

Our boss was very happy, since we could sell 6-8 more ATEs withing a few months only because of the S/W optimisation & improvement.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(984 Views)

Broken Arrow wrote:

I have hard enough time convincing them not to play Solitaire on the ATE.

LOL !!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

I always used to play Freecell in our ATE SW Development PC. Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(982 Views)

Back to the original Q

Check the following to see if it makes a differnce

Start >>> Setting Control Panel >>> System

Choose the Advanced Tab and click on the Performance >>> Settings button to open the Performance Options dialog.

On the "Advanced tab" under Processor Scheduling choose "Background services"

LV is multi-threaded so there are background threads that need to execute.

I don't know if the above tidbit will help but it does fit the problem description.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 33 of 37
(979 Views)

Thanks Ben,

That is certainly something worth investigating.

I do know that refreshing graphics (graphs, pictures, etc) do take extra CPU resources.

I never considered improved performance by scrolling with a mouse.  Interesting nevertheless.

R

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(959 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Long time ago one of our customers reported that at the night our system (24x7) is slow. I put some log points into the software. Really, most of cycles was slow around after 22:00, and fast around 06:00 at the morning. After some investigateion I have found DOOM installed on this PC...  🙂 🙂

Andrey.

Message 35 of 37
(951 Views)

Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

parthabe wrote:

Long time ago one of our customers reported that at the night our system (24x7) is slow. I put some log points into the software. Really, most of cycles was slow around after 22:00, and fast around 06:00 at the morning. After some investigateion I have found DOOM installed on this PC...  🙂 🙂

Andrey.

Well congratulations Andrey!

That is a very good test of how robust your application is. If it can still do its job while the PC is being abused, you did something right!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(948 Views)
You legend Ben, the background services thing worked for me!
Message Edited by peterO on 02-01-2010 08:43 PM
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(831 Views)