LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview run-time engine 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to run a .exe file written with LV 2013 SP1 on a windows 7 64-bit PC.  I downloaded and installed Labview Run-time engine 2013 SP1.  When I try to run the .exe, a message box pops up stating that I need to install Labview Run-time engine 2013!!! 

I tried to "re-install" to verify that it was installed and I was unable to install the software becaue it is already installed.  I don't know where to go from here...  Help please!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,892 Views)

-Does it show in MAX?

-Programs and features?

-Provide Screenshots of above if possible.

-Here some links to help: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C239E3A4EF47D08486256AAA0065FC3C?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F4B8D92A304E4A7B862577460072002F

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,879 Views)

What was the "bitness" of the LabVIEW used to created the .exe?  (i.e. 32-bit vs. 64-bit)

What was the "bitness" of the run-time engine you downloaded?

Instead of dowloading the run-time engine, you could have created an installer for your .exe and installed everything yoiu needed using that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,875 Views)

Uday,

I am unable to access the command prompter on account of these being corporate PCs.  The only NI software add/remove programs shows is "National Insturments Software"add remove.png

How can I use MAX to find the software if I don't have any other NI software installed?

under C:\Program Files\National Instruments there are two folders listed MAX and Shared- In Shared, I see Labview Run-time... I don't know if that means anything... run time.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,868 Views)

RavensFan,

all of the above are 64-bit...

I think we will go about creating an installer because I am getting nowhere fast with the Run-time engine... although I would still like to figure out why it is not working? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmaki

Are you SURE you installed the 64-bit version of LabVIEW and created the .exe from that?  I ask because the vast majority of people use 32-bit LabVIEW even on Windows 64 bit OS.

My theory is that you have 32-bit LabVIEW.  You created an .exe with that which would also be 32 bit.  Then proceeded to download the 64-bit version of the run-time engine by mistake because you have 64-bit version of Windows.  In which case your 32-bit .exe will complain about not having a run-time engine installed.

Message 6 of 9
(8,860 Views)

when you double click the National Instruments Software you should get Pop-up showing all the installed software like image in this ink: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C239E3A4EF47D08486256AAA0065FC3C?OpenDocument

-Click on windows->All programs and you should be able to see NI MAX program.

-When you open it it'll show what are the components installed.

Thanks
uday
Message 7 of 9
(8,855 Views)

RavensFan,

you hit it right on the head!  I found myself in moronic state today! 😉  I downloaded the 32-bit LV RTE and it worked.

I thought it was strange that the Labview run-time engine was being installed to C:\Program Files... rather than C:\Program Files(x86)... but I didn't think about why!!

An intern created the .exe and I assumed that I had him install 64-bit... wrong!  I even assumed that I had 64-bit installed on my own PC!!  A quick look at my start menu tells me different! 

Thanks for your persistance!!!  My assumptions allowed me to waste much of my time today... as assuming usually does!! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,846 Views)

I'm glad you got it figured out now.  I'm sorry I had to doubt what you were saying earlier.  But it was the one thing that I still thought could be happening, and so many times I've seen on the forums where people had confusion as to what versions of OS, LabVIEW, and drivers they should be installing.

Message 9 of 9
(8,836 Views)