LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview reinstall can't find daqmx vi

Solved!
Go to solution
There is probably an insanely simple solution to this that I will be embarrassed to hear. I recently had to junk a computer due to a motherboard error. I backed up all of my LabVIEW files, vi's, and sub vi's and loaded them on a new machine. Now my vi's cannot open because they cannot locate the DAQmx subvi's. I installed the same DAQmx software that I had used previously but still can't seem to get the subvi's back to run my program. These are the only components that are missing. Please help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,636 Views)

Hi fattyskat...,

in which order did you install the software? You have to install the drivers after LabVIEW.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,626 Views)

Make sure to install LabVIEW first and then follow the the device drivers

installation. Helps in LabVIEW recognise the devices connected appropriately.

Sundar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,615 Views)

I installed and activated LabVIEW before I installed the DAQmx software.  

In the Express Inputs menu block, the DAQ assistant icon doesn't appear.  

How do I get it into the menu?  My copy of LabVIEW is version 8.6.1.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fattyskatty

Hi fattyskat...,

which DAQmx version did you install?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,603 Views)
The DAQmx disk says version 8.6.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,601 Views)

Simple!  I found a copy of DAQmx 8.8 in my lab, installed it and VOILA!  Everything works again!

Dont' know why we even have version 8.6 lying around if we have 8.8 in-hand.  Thanks all for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,588 Views)

I also am unable to find the DAQmx.vi template.

I am using a trial version (120f3) of LabView 2012 since I am attempting to get an introduction to the software via "Introduction to LabView 8.6 in 6 Hours" as a guide. Exercise 1.2 calls for acquiring a signal with a simulated DAQ device. When I create a VI using the template I created using MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer), the Exercise instructions indicate I should find it under DAQ Templates - BUT I have no such selection for DAQ Templates and none of the choices in the tree give me the correct option - the attached image shows my choices. Please don't suggest re-installing the software because I have already done that.

New VI Tree.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,932 Views)

I also do not have access to the DAQ Assistant even though I have installed NI-DAQmx. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,912 Views)

I don't think "Introduction to LabVIEW 8.6 in 6 Hours" is compatable with LabVIEW 2012. I'm sure there are some significant differences. I would look toward using another resource to learn LabVIEW. Maybe http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/ 

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,895 Views)