LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview re-install 2011

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW 2011 already installed on my laptop via the NI downloads website and added a couple of packages to the install: DAQmx, a code capture tool and a few others. I also have the same version installed on another computer and this install was done using the 4 DVD disks that were sent from the factory. These sets of discs are sent to us each quarter so I have a lot of these sets of discs.  If I use a later version of these discs will I be updating the presently installed version and will there be any information lost such as MAX configuration setups, etc. I'm inclined to believe that the "over install" will not affect anything that was previously installed by simply running the new set of discs.  On the other computer that was installed via the NI downloads, when I compare the two different versions of the same LabVIEW installations I noticed that the 4 disc version had a few extra tools installed as could be seen by comparing the functions menus of the two installations. For instance, the 4 disc installation now shows a set of fpga icons in the menu, and the connectivity menu contains a lot more icons such as data base and internet. So the 4 disc install installed a lot more items that the NI downloader did.  If I take the 4 disc set and use them to "over install" on the laptop with the NI download file, will these tools be installed without any problems and will the extra tools, such as the code capture tool that were already installed into the original LabVIEW install via the downloads, still be unaffected by the installation from the 4 DVD set over the currently installed LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,095 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hounddog

You shouldn’t have any problems when you upgrade your software, MAX configurations and such will stay the same. As for the other question regarding the additional features I would advice to contact the NI Sales Department so they can tell you exactly what items are you entitle to activate with your serial number.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,069 Views)