LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview on a DNS

I have a labview application that i made and i am trying to figure out if i can buy a domain say www.mylabviewprogram.com and put my application on there so others can use it.  Is this possible

Thank You

Harold Timmis

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,583 Views)

Sure.

You would need to have the domain registrar point to a PC that is running your LabVIEW application.  Then you would have to setup that application to use remote web panels, or be its own webserver application.

Message 2 of 15
(3,582 Views)

so all i would have to do is get a domain name. what is a domain registrar point? and how can i set up a website to use web panels? I am sorry i am just trying to figure this hole thing out

thank you 

Harold Timmis

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,578 Views)

Point as in verb, not a noun.  The domain registrar needs to know the actual machine name URL that the domain is assigned to, so any DNS requests can point it to the correct machine.

Search the forums for remote web panels.  In LabVIEW, look at Tools menu  then Web Publishing Tools.

Before rushing out to get a domain name, get some basic tests done internally with an application using remote front panels.  Make sure it works the way you want to.  Any PC that doesn't have the LabVIEW runtime engine will have to download and install that first before the remote panel will work the first time.  And there may be the need to bypass security features, popups, stuff like that, for a user to allow the download to occur.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-27-2009 11:41 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,559 Views)

I figured I would have to use the web publishing tool and it is working pretty well what would i do after i published it with the web publishing tool and I did have to get the runtime as you said.

thank you

harold timmis

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,535 Views)

Also i reviewed some things and i found out that you can only have one person use the vi at a time I do need this to be used by several ppl at a time is this possible?

thank you,

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,507 Views)
You need to buy a license for more remote panels.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,491 Views)
so with this license I can have many people use this vi at the same time?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,453 Views)

Harold Timmis wrote:
so with this license I can have many people use this vi at the same time?

I think only one client can request control at any given time, all others can watch.

I don't think it is possible so each remote user can operate on a different instance of the same VI at the same time. Not sure...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,443 Views)

Depending on your application you could also look at using a Web Service interface. 

Essentially you would have a standard web page backed by logic implemented in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,440 Views)