From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview nxg web module connect arduino

Hello, can anyone tell me? Can LabVIEW NXG connect to Arduino not be able to make a Web module?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,225 Views)

Hey yog30, currently LabVIEW NXG does not support interfacing with Arduino natively. Moreover, the Web Module is intended to create websites that run in the client side (so no hardware interfacing can be done directly).

Now, with those expectations set, there are ways in which you can take advantage of both LabVIEW 2020 and the LabVIEW NXG Web Module to capture and publish your data. I recommend you check out the following video to get an idea of how this would work: Home Automation with LabVIEW Community Edition, BeagleBone Black, and LabVIEW NXG Web Module (this example uses a BeagleBone, but you get the idea)

My suggestion would be following a similar pattern to the one presented in the example:

Arduino --> LabVIEW VI that captures the data from the Arduino and posts it to the network (I recommend SystemLink Server or SystemLink Cloud with the Skyline API) --> the LabVIEW NXG WebVI reads from the published data and presents it in a website hosted in either the host or a service as SystemLink).

Resources you can refer to:

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,154 Views)

Oscarfonseca, Thank you for your help, i will try it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,148 Views)