LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview not showing connected gpib instruments

I've connected two GPIB instruments Keithley 2000 dmm, and Agilent E363X Power Source, via KUSB-488A (USB-GPIB) connector. The USB-GPIB Connector is being shown in the NI-MAX. And all the Instruments' GPIB addresses are shown up in NI-VISA Interactive Control. But when I develop a small VI to control them, those addresses are not shown up in the drop-down of "VISA Resource Name" List. Please help me with troubleshooting this problem
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,392 Views)

I am not totally sure what is the actual problem, but I have found the following discussion seems similar to your case (non-NI GPIB driver/interface):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/kusb-488-and-LABVIEW/td-p/555644

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,331 Views)

bharathkumarchowdary a écrit :
I've connected two GPIB instruments Keithley 2000 dmm, and Agilent E363X Power Source, via KUSB-488A (USB-GPIB) connector. The USB-GPIB Connector is being shown in the NI-MAX. And all the Instruments' GPIB addresses are shown up in NI-VISA Interactive Control. But when I develop a small VI to control them, those addresses are not shown up in the drop-down of "VISA Resource Name" List. Please help me with troubleshooting this problem

Have you tried "talking" to your instruments in MAX? Since it is not NI hardware it probably use a different VISA library and you will have to enable a passport. Search the MAX help for "passport", it will show you where to go to enable/disable them.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,326 Views)