cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview mouse wheel event

Solved!
Go to solution

i am trying to make a gui on which i am having lots of numeric controls 

i want that when i scroll mouse wheel i could increment or decerment the valuse of numeric control

i have done this for one control but not able to implement for other controls

*usnig labiew 2009

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,199 Views)

hi,

use the numeric2's value properties, actually as same as you did use numeric's1's property.

also see some more advance mouse wheel events here.

-Amit

-
Amit
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,163 Views)

can not use the same logic for the second numeric control as i am not able to get out of while loop Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,144 Views)

hi,

I dont know in LV2009(I use 2014) but there is no logic needed, just hover on the control and scroll it will increment and decrement.

if you cant do this in 2009 then use property node of control called "Built-it Mouse Wheel Support " and use case statement.

-Amit

-
Amit
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,122 Views)

see the attached example

-
Amit
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,111 Views)

amitwadje wrote:

I dont know in LV2009(I use 2014) but there is no logic needed,

Native mouse wheel support didn't come until LabVIEW 2013.  Until then it was very difficult to get mouse wheel events easily.  Some involved .Net, or Windows DLL calls with event call back VIs.  I remember this technique even having issues on 64 bit Windows.

Message 6 of 10
(5,100 Views)

Hi Hoovahh,

Thank you for information.

-
Amit
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,081 Views)

hello amitwadje,

no option for built-in mouse wheel support in 2009 Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,059 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author neha5555

Hi,

then use Bound and Postion property get cordinates and respective control refrence

I made attached eample, currently only works for numeric (or sepcifically Digtial class controls) , you can modify it for different controls

-Amit

-
Amit
CLAD
Message 9 of 10
(5,014 Views)

thank u

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,945 Views)