From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview isn't responding on windows 8

Not sure if this is the place to ask my question but im going to anyway.  I have been running labview and all of the other NI stuff successfully for a few days but recently whenever I tried to create a new project or do anything the window goes unresponsive and I cannot do anything.  The only way to close these windows is either shut down and restart or log out.  This happened the first time I installed labview but when I installed it the second time it worked fine... until now.  Im running windows 8 on a toshiba computer.  If there is anyway to troubleshoot this I would greatly appreciate the help.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,957 Views)

Toshiba matters a lot less than the version of LabVIEW you're using.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,953 Views)

I know that.  Just thought I'd throw it in there.  I'm using Labview 2014, or whatever version came with the frc 2015 download

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,950 Views)

Is LabVIEW allowed to access the network?

What kind of antivirus program are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,941 Views)
I have a trial version of Norton running right now, it's a new computer. And I do have access to the Internet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,936 Views)

@nado73 wrote:
I have a trial version of Norton running right now, it's a new computer. And I do have access to the Internet

Try to turn of norton for testing. Some of those programs are very intrusive.

I did not ask if you can access the internet. The question is if LabVIEW is allowed to access the network or not.

How long did you wait after it is not responding. Try to wait at least a few minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,929 Views)
Labview can access the network as far as I know. I waited a long time. Sometimes if I wait it works but most times it stays unresponsive. I'll try turning off Norton though
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,927 Views)

Just a heads up, www.ni.com/frc

You'll get help more geared towards frc over there.

If you knew the version of LabVIEW was more useful than Toshiba, why did you include the latter, but not the former?  That's couterproductive. Don't make it harder to help troubleshoot.

When you get the splash screen, do you have the lack of response or does it wait until you try to create a project?  Can you open any tutorials?  Can you open projects that are already made or do these have te same response issues as new projects you create?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,880 Views)

the lack of response waits until I try to do anything.  Usually typing in the project name.The tutorials usually open just fine.  Projects that are already made work fine

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,874 Views)

Try going to Tools->Environment and change the environment to the LabVIEW 2014 environment.  If you have that splash screen, can you create a project that isn't one of the FRC projects?  (You can change back to the FRC environment by following the same steps)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,862 Views)