From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview interface with hp 53132A counter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I tried to get counter data into the labview. I downloaded the example code as attached and it worked.

However, the speed to fetch the data is too slow(1-2s). If I did not connect to labview, for the 8 digits resolution, the update rate in the counter is in ms level.

Is the a way to import the counter data in to labview as fast as possible?

thanks,

Yi-Chung

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author anthony797

Hi Yi-Chung,

For the fastest measurements, you should run your initialization functions (including configuring the meter) only once at the beginning of your code. Then, you can run your "Read Measurement" in a loop. When the loop is finished, run your close function. 

Message 2 of 4
(1,994 Views)

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Even I only put read.vi in the loop, it still needs to take around 0.7 sec to get one measurement.

If I set the measurement time lower than 0.7 sec, it will return to zero each time I get a data point.

For example, I was measuring 100 kHz signal:

I will get 100k > 0 >100k > 0....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,981 Views)

I see, just a little bit better. You may have to contact the manufacturer to see if that is the limit when connecting the instrument to a computer or if there are settings to make it faster.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,965 Views)