From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview freezes during FOR loop

Alright, I just updated Labview. It seems to help a bit, but it still freezes during execution.

This is a version of the VI which only runs the servos. I've tried debugging the code with this, but still cannot make any progress period.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(513 Views)

You might also want to masscompile the driver. Your toplevel VI is in LabVIEW 2011 and the driver is still in 8.0.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(508 Views)

Tried that. The VI still freezes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(474 Views)

Did you try to get support from whoever made that driver?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(470 Views)

Tried that. Velmex suggested increasing the wait time. I did that, and Labview still freezes.

I've heard Velmex makes terrible labview drivers. I'd make a better one, but I don't know how to.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(445 Views)

While working for a previous employer, I used the Velmex motors and VXM controller. After one look at their driver (and the fact that I was running on a Mac), I wrote a controller which used the RS-232 interface.  The VXM users manual had a complete list of the available commands. No DLLs. No weird conpanes. No undocumented functions. I no longer have access to that code and it probably only implemented a small subset of the commands because we had a fairly simple project (mechanically). Although we did want it to do something the Velmex applications people said it could not do. We did it anyway.

I suggest that you could do the same thing. If you only need to implement a few commands (as it appears that you might), then this should not be too difficult. Writing and testing the code to implement every command is a much more complex task.

Lynn

Message 16 of 16
(401 Views)