LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview exe was considered as suspicious.cloud.5 and removed by Symantec

I'm also experiencing the same problem with the exe being flagged as a risk during the build process. My corporate policy prevents me from creating a sandbox folder, which Semantec whitelists and my IT support has directed me to NI for support.

I've just tried reconfiguring the Build to build to a network drive, and it was successful, but then when I tried to drag/drop the exe to my PC's desktop (not the build folder location where the file previously failed to build), Semantec deleted it there too. So, the problem is not with the way the file is built, it's something about the file itself, so I'm going to submit this to Semantec in their False Positive report.

Cheers

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(726 Views)

Semantec have agreed it's a False Positive and have added the application MD5 to their products' whitelist. This won't help though as if I rebuild the exe, it'll generate a different MD5! 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(685 Views)

@DuncanW wrote:

Semantec have agreed it's a False Positive and have added the application MD5 to their products' whitelist. This won't help though as if I rebuild the exe, it'll generate a different MD5! 

I know dealing with IS departments that do not understand why you even need to use anything besides MS Office, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint to do your job is like banging your head against the wall.

Sounds like you need to elevate this up your management chain, sometimes having your manager get the IS manager in a meeting and then you showing them what the issue is really can work and get them to ease up a bit, at least that has worked for me in the past.

On a side note, my company swtiched from Symantec to MS Endpoint Protection a couple years ago and I have not had any problems with LabVIEW ever since. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 23 of 25
(668 Views)

I think NI should be in contact with antivirus vendors to fix this problem. AVG detects many files as malicious.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(602 Views)

@tst wrote:

Set up a pre-build action and call the Clean VI in it (it's in a build palette inside the app control palette). This is supposed to delete all the files created by the build.

Oh I have just the thing.  This was made to try to work around some kind of cleanup issue with the build process.  What it will do is basically rename the build folder to a unique name and then let the build continue with a new blank directory.  Add this to your Pre Build for making an EXE and it may help.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/BUG-Application-Builder-fails-if-the-target-window-is-open/m-p/32002...

This uses a Windows DLL to do the move, so other applications are informed of the move (like open Explorer windows)

Message 25 of 25
(585 Views)