From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview driver for vitrek 4700

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author idans

Ok i finally solved my problem with vitrek 4700 RS232 communication 

attached is a zip fileof my labview driver for vitrek 4700 dmm 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(807 Views)
Message 22 of 26
(741 Views)

Your first kudo, for sharing.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(735 Views)

Hi, thank you for your work put into creating this project. Unfortunately I am having trouble getting the software to work, it is trying to communicate with my vitrek, through an rs232-usb converter(I choose COM3 as visa resource). However, there are still errors and communication is not established. I am using LabView 2021 and I have also tried to connect via LAN but Labview does not see this device on the network at all (the vitrek is configured via DHCP).

Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(621 Views)

@HVManiac wrote:

Hi, thank you for your work put into creating this project. Unfortunately I am having trouble getting the software to work, it is trying to communicate with my vitrek, through an rs232-usb converter(I choose COM3 as visa resource). However, there are still errors and communication is not established.

Yes, that is an error...

Does a tool like hyperterminal communitate?

As there might be a problem in your code, it might be useful if we could see it.

@HVManiac wrote:

I am using LabView 2021 and I have also tried to connect via LAN but Labview does not see this device on the network at all (the vitrek is configured via DHCP).

So how did you connect the device to your PC?

If you used a straight cable (no router or hub), there probably won't be a DHCP server for the device. The device probably has a display to show the address it's been given by the DHCP server.

I'd (always) give a device a static IP address. It simply is a lot easier to connect to than a dynamic address.

This address (static or from a DHCP server) needs to be in the same subnet as the PC. So if the PC is 192.168.0.10, give the device (for example) 192.168.0.42. (Also, talk to an admin to use another IP range, but that's another problem.)

LabVIEW won't 'see' the device unless you give it the right address. That's code, so again it would help to see it. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(603 Views)

Thanks for this. I will try it out when our meter arrives.

Dumb question.... I was unable to open any of the VIs in the packed library version.

That's the first time that I've tried. I'm sure there is something simple...

Dumb question 2... Why is the packed library larger than the unpacked!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(522 Views)