From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview ask for unused drivers while creating installer

hi,
i was creating installer for my code where NI drivers are not used at all. its simply based on modbus libraries. but while reating installer for the same , it ask me for NIDAQmx drivers.

I am not understanding the reason behind it. can anyone help?

Screenshot is attached.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,912 Views)

Hi alisa87,

When you create an installer, LabVIEW allows you to manually select the drivers you want to include in it. In the installer properties make sure you disable the "Automatically select recommended installers" option: INstallers.png

Then add the ones you want to include with your installer.

Hope this helps.

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,885 Views)

Hello,
Thanks for your response.

I have tried as per your suggestion,but still same popup occurs.
What i have observed is if i deselect "NI Visa runtime 15.0.1" from the list it allows me to create installer.
But my problem is i am using VISA in my code so i have to include the same while creating installer.
Please suggest any other method or should i install NI DAQ drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,852 Views)

Hi Alisa,

NI DAQmx needs to be installed in your computer or externally available so that the Installer Builder has access to the NI System Components. Try installing DAQmx and leave the auto driver selection enabled.

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,844 Views)

Hi Alisa,

Actually, this is by design, and don't worry - you're not pulling in any additional drivers that you're not intending. It's because NI's software is modular, and underlying software components are shared across many products and drivers.  Please see the following KB for more information (in particular, the "Additional Information" section):

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C3666BA408F81E59862570D20056E692?OpenDocument

Regards,

- Wes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,831 Views)

You might not see it but, modbus libraries use DAQmx

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,829 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Where would they use DAQmx?  VISA, yes, but I don't know where they'd used DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,822 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Where would they use DAQmx?  VISA, yes, but I don't know where they'd used DAQmx.

OT but it's so far under the hood no one can see it.  Perhaps in CVI you could inspect the #Include lines.  Just trivia I picked up along the years.  I couldn't point to a source.  It might be a BD comment I read once from a trusted developer.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,820 Views)

Hi,
Thank you for reply.

which driver should i install in my PC NI DAQmx or NI DAQmx RUn Time Engine. I am confused .
Will you please provide the setup link to install the driver?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,808 Views)

Just put a check mark back in the "Automatically select recommended installers" and let LabVIEW decide for you.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,796 Views)