cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview + arduino RPM measurement

hai,

iam kinda new to the forum and labview.

can any one tell me how to make RPM measurement using arduino and labview

using the anlog read or digital read blocks in the labview arduino pallete.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,515 Views)

What sensor are you using?  What is the range in speed you want to be able to measure?  0-1000RPM?  Answering this will tell you if it is possible with an Arduino or if you will need some other high speed DAQ for reading analogs.

Alternativly the LIFA Arduino library does have SPI and I2C support so if you have a sensor that communicates with that protocol you could read it using that too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,493 Views)

thanks for reply.. 

i want to use ir sensor and photo detector and the max speed is 2500 rpm.

can you tell me the logic how to write a VI and post VI if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,480 Views)
I will not do your work for you, but I will give pointers and if you post code give recommendations.

A sensor like that will pulse once every revolution. Real world application of nyquist says you need to sample a signal 10 faster then the wave to fully understand it. This means 25000 samples per minute or 416 samples per second. I don't know how fast the LIFA toolkit can sample an analog, but you should find out.

If you can sample fast enough then all you do is count the number of pulses seen in a set amount of time and do some math to estimate the number of pulses seen if that rate continued for one minute.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,465 Views)