LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 8.6 build crashes OS

I have a developer suite v8.6.  When I compiled my program into a build and deployed it.  It crashes the entire OS after 2 days of continuous run.  Is there a better way to log so for exact location of where the crashes might have occurred?  There is a data log feature under "Operate" on the front panel but it's not showing much detail.  I believe there is a better way to work around this issue.  Any suggestions anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,316 Views)

What do you mean by "Crash the OS" ... Windows Blue Screen?

There are lots of ways to approach this.  But I'd start by setting up Windows Performance Monitor (PerfMon) to log lots of counters.  Then wait for another crash and examine the PerfMon logs and the Windows Event Log to see what is hapenning.  Maybe you can detect a memory leak.

You might also want to add a log to your LabVIEW app so you can go back and see what it was doing at the time of the crash.

http://www.medicollector.com
Message 2 of 5
(2,298 Views)

It's even worst than blue screen.  The whole system shut down.  Dr Watson is showing some dump files that is indicating this labview program is causing it.  Is there a way to track down for which VI might have caused the problem once the program is compiled into a build?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,292 Views)

josborne wrote: 

You might also want to add a log to your LabVIEW app so you can go back and see what it was doing at the time of the crash.

How do I do this?  Is this the same as the data log features listed under "Operate" because that feature didn't work for me?  It would be nice if there is another feature besides the one under "Operate" that logs a little bit better.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,288 Views)

I don't think LV has any automatic built-in log feature.  You'll probably need to build your own log by modifying your LV program to write to a text file during every step in your program.

As mentioned, you may also want to use the Performance Monitor to see if there is a memory leak or something.  And also check the Windows Event Log to see if there is something else ocurring around that time.

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,280 Views)