From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 8.5 can't find build application

how do I find the build application? I have used Labview when 6.1 was out and then none for many years. I am just starting again because I to develop system controls and GUI etc  needs. I have the Labview 8.5 pro on Win 7 pro with 32 bit XP virtual machine installed. I can develop control GUI's on Labview and work it etc etc. But, the Build appplication can't be found, I need to build stand alone .exe for running on other machines within lab from my development PC. I am attaching a .jpg for you to look at. Any one can help, I will appreciated it Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,525 Views)

For creating an installer for your application, you need to build an project for the same.

Follow this link for it : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvhowto/building_a_stand_alone_app/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,516 Views)

Puneet, Thanks for your swift reply. I am not quite follow. I have looked at that same link after, I have posted the question. As you can see on my attached .jpg on the earlier post, I can see the build, build all, run from the Project tab. But, none of them are 'active' no highlighted, its seems I need to activate something?! 

you say; for creating an installer for my application, I need to build an project for the same. Can you elebrate on that please? I thought I saved it as a .VI, do you mean, I should save my project as something else?

The NI link talks of look from the 'project explorer' and/or 'my computer', I don't sems to able to find through either omne of them.

I would most appricate if you can help further, or anyone else can for that matter.

Vis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,507 Views)

Things have changed considereably since 6.1.To creat an exe, you have to first create a project. As your image shows, select New Project. You can add your existing VI to the project. Refer to the help for details on the project ag and building applications.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,502 Views)

Open LabVIEW >>> Create Empty Project >>> Add folder or files in the project using this link http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/using_labview_projects/.

Save project and then use previous link for builing an executable for the application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,493 Views)

Puneet

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,487 Views)

Great to hear this.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,479 Views)