LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 7.0 driver for lecroy lt344

Do you know where I could find the labview 7.0 GPIB driver for Lecroy LT344? Is it in one of the CDs of NI developper suite? If yes which one? Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,517 Views)
Just like the 34401 driver you asked about, there is a driver available from the Instrument Driver Network, specifically, here. It is an IVI driver and though it says that the LabVIEW driver is for 7.1, you can download the CVI driver and create a 7.0 version by using Tools>Instrumentation>Import CVI Instrument Driver. Be sure to have the IVI Compliance Package Installed. This is on the device drivers CD and also available for download. Check the software listings in MAX to see if you already have it.
Message 2 of 9
(3,505 Views)
Thank you, I found it but now I have another problem when I try to communicate with my scope. I use initialize.vi and after it read waveform.vi . I indicate the right GPIB address, but I receive this error message:

lcltxxxx Read Waveform.vi<ERR>Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA2003) Maximum time exceeded.
Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

When I increase the timeout, nothing changes (except the time I wait). What is the problem and how could I solve it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,498 Views)
I would suggest that you first use the getting started example. This will setup the scope correctly for an acquisition.
Message 4 of 9
(3,494 Views)
With getting started, the problem is exactly the same, and no way to solve it 😞
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,486 Views)

Hi,

find attached a file ( stored for LV7 ), where I have   "misused"  and merged   the    lc 3345x4.llb   and the lc dso.llb ;

both downloaded  from LeCroy  and tested for LT354M Waverunner - scope.  

At the end I was successfull in this way ................ - try this for your scope.

@ Dennis:  Why do you prefer the IVI - stuff ?  You never know, what happens in the background and if you

want to change some functionality using the GPIB - commands from manual you are in most cases in the dark.......

Regards

Werner

Message 6 of 9
(3,485 Views)
Sorry, but I can't find the attached file. Did you forget it or have I missed something?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,466 Views)
sorry - I have already seen, that the attachment got lost - but I don'nt know why;
hopefully it works now - or our IT -guys kill attachments in zip-format ?? - because of spam policy ??
Or - I am too stupid to attach something nowadays - in the past it worked perfect.

Regards
Werner
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,457 Views)

Werner,

I hate the IVI stuff. I only use it when there is no time to develop a real LabVIEW driver. The only waverunner scope here is not part of any automation so I never really looked to see whether one of the other drivers might be adapted to the 344.

Hate is probably to strong of a word but I much prefer using native LabVIEW drivers. I do have LabWindows/CVI however and that makes all of the difference when using IVI, imho. I actually started using LabWindows (ver. 1.0 and not CVI) before LabVIEW and wrote a few drivers soon after the "standard" was adopted.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 01-26-2007 07:28 AM

Message 9 of 9
(3,454 Views)