From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 6 xmathtypes.dll missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to run Matlab script (Matlab version I think it is the latest one) from Labview 6.1. Initially it wasn't running. Then I came across this thread

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CE309627064A3D5686256A9C005B0A5F?OpenDocument

and replaced the two script files (hiqscript.dll & matscript.dll) (in Labview6.1/resource/script) with three new files mentioned in that thread (matscript.dll, xmathscript.dll & XmathTypes.dll). Created a matscript with code given in Labview help

a=rand(50)

surf(a)

After running the code it shows me the plot. So everything works up to that point.

The problem is:

Whenever I right click on the matscipt (to add input/ouput) (even if I right click on a blank matscript), it gives me this error

" Labview.exe unable to locate component"

"This application has failed to start because XmathTypes.dll wasn't found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

Also somebody metioned in other thread to place a copy of that dll file (xmathtypes.dll) in system 32 folder. But not any help. I have already repaired the labview 6.1 using the labview cd. But the problem is still the same.

I have winows XP pro version installed on my desktop. I checked it on vista premium too. But the same error is popping up.

In our lab we have labview 8.5 and in that everything works fine.

But since all the drivers and code are written in labview 6.1. So I want this to be done in labview 6.1.

Thanks

Raj

Message Edited by Tablet on 02-12-2009 01:09 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,211 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tablet

It finally worked.

Solution:

Placed all the three dll files in the system 32. After thateverything works fine

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,169 Views)