From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2013 daq assistant missing

Just started using LabView.  DAQ assistant is missing, maybe more too but I am a newbie so just learning to get around. 

Attached is a clip of my  installed system software and a clip of the Measurement I/O icons. I have installed DAQmx but still no icons.  Have any ideas? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,940 Views)

See NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW Compatibility

DAQmx 18.1 is too new, or put another way, LabVIEW 2013 is too old for that version of DAQmx.  You'd need a version of DAQmx between 9.7.5 and 16.1 to support LV 2013.  NI drops support for older LV versions as newer revisions of DAQmx come out.  In general, support is provided for only the latest 4 versions of LabVIEW.

But your NI MAX says you don't have LV 2013 installed, but do have LV 2014.  In that case, you want DAQmx 9.9 through 17.6

Uninstall DAQmx 18.1.  Where did you get it? Download from NI?  It wouldn't have come with your LV 2013 (or LV 2014) discs.  Download the appropriate version that will work with your version of LabVIEW according to the compatibility chart.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,930 Views)