LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2010 installation fails

Hi,

I am trying to install LV2010 but all my attempts have failed so far. I installed it -> reboot -> the error message came "The installation of this application may be corrupt" [or something very similar]. I couldn't even run the License manager or any sort of NI softwares because the same error message popped up. Then I deleted the complete National Instruments folder from the Program Files, stopped all NI services in the Control Panel - Administration tools and rebooted the computer. 

After all that I tried to reinstall LV2010 but I got the error message during the installation that at first "Labview 2010 must be installed" [or something very similar]. At one software component the installer told me that "Labview 8.6 must be installed"...

Does somebody have an idea how to proceed?

The OS is Vista.

Thanks,

Krivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,538 Views)

Have you started the setup process with administrative rights ( right click --> run as administrator ) ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,512 Views)

Hi Krivan,

It sounds like you need to clean up your registry.

Give this link a lookover. If it doesn't help please post back.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8703592D07C91AD586256B44000248C6?OpenDocument

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,508 Views)

On my computer I am the administrator.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,507 Views)

To be logged in as an admin isn't good enough for VISTA. You should try to explicitly start the setup via the context menu.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,499 Views)

Also what you may want to try is copying the disc to your hard drive and install from there. I have found that, that will work sometimes when all else fails. With vista, you are also going to have to babysit the thing to make sure a permissions dialog is being "allowed". 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,489 Views)