LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lab view in network field

actually i still a newbie.... so got a question here.... can labview do anything in computer networking field? anyone have any idea about this? waiting for you all's kindly reply thanks!

best regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,873 Views)

Define 'computer network field' and 'anything'.

LabVIEW has built in functions for TCP/IP and UDP communication. Is that what you want to know?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,864 Views)
anything means everything that relate with computer networking.... of course it includes TCP/IP or UDP...

best regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,856 Views)
for example: can i develop a system can read network packages and the transcation by using lab view?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,855 Views)
I think you're still being pretty vague but LabVIEW can read/write TCP/IP and UDP packets. If you wish to do some really low level analysis such as missed packets, retries, throughput, etc., then the built in functions won't work for you.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,848 Views)
well, actually i'm not only asking for build in  functions but also asking about what lab view can do for me. so beside lab view can get the package from TCP/IP or UDP then can it do any more advance functions? because i'm doing some research about lab view's abilities.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,836 Views)
Jaxx,

There's a good article about using TCP and UDP in LabVIEW.  Here's a link to the article...

Other than this I would reccommend downloading an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 8.20 and looking at the various TCP and UDP functions.  Here's a link to the evaluation copy...

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,816 Views)
thanks for information, i will go through each of them. Smiley Very Happy

best regard
Jaxx

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8