LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinect

hi may i know how do i detect abuse from kinect using labview? I heard its about comparing the difference between frame. But i am not sure how do i do it. Can anyone help me please. Thank You!:)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,203 Views)

I don't understand your question.  What do you mean by "abuse of kinect"?  What frames are you talking about in "comparing difference in frame?"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,195 Views)

I am actually required to do a project using kinect to detect different types of abuse such as slapping, beating etc. When the abuse is detected the led from the front panel will actually light up. At the same time when the abuse is detected, it will start to record video of the abuse. Sorry for my poor command of english.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,190 Views)

Hi,

There is a toolkit for the Kinect called Kinesthesia. You can download it via VIPM. 

You'll have to do the work of figuring how to detect 'abuse'. Also i don't think the toolkit has a VI to control the LEDs on the kinect. You might have to use the kinect DLL to directly do that.

-CC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,168 Views)

Usually those types of "abuse" are detected through large amounts of g-force change over a very short time. I haven't seen the kinect toolkit for LabVIEW but if it provides such data, all you have to do is some simple math to implement the above.  I believe Kinect accelerometers are configured for 2g and if you're a member of MSDN, you can get one of those SDK (I forget the name, google it) for it that has calls you can make from LabVIEW.

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,166 Views)

i have  got the kinect toolkit 1.0 and the sdk already. I was told to subtract the frame difference. Eg the about to slap position substract with the slap position, but i am not sure how do i do that. Can i have an example? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,163 Views)

ok guys i think i've misinterpreted my question....sorry for that. The project that I'm working on is detecting infant abuse at home using kinect. My main question is: do u guys know how to read and capture a certain body/hand posture in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,151 Views)

Can anyone please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,123 Views)

If you use Kinect (along with its SDK), it does most of the work of for you of detecting position/etc. Once you get familiar with Kinect API calls, you can easily make those calls from LabVIEW using "Call Library Function Node" under Connectivity menu on block diagrams. In any case, you will certainly have to implement logic & math of detecting such motions - seems like that's what your project work is.

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

Message 9 of 14
(3,109 Views)

Can you provide me with example codes? I'm still new to the whole labview thing...hence I'm a little clueless...thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,082 Views)