LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard

Hi

thanks for your help that is what i wanted Smiley Happy

would be able to select only by clicking the window where I want write?

i want to do this automaticallySmiley Wink

regards

Johana

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(772 Views)

I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase it?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(760 Views)

me question is, if i could find automatically  the name of the window where i want to write?
i dont want to write the name of the window!
when i dont write anything in "window name" i have a error "window no found" then i must write before, the name of window and i cant do that cause i have a touchscreen without  physic keyboard
i want to have a keyboard like osk from windows xp Smiley Sad

i think there are a funtion, which give me the name of inactiv window or open window to get the hWnd
this thema is very dificult for my, i didnt work with libraries before
really thanks for your help Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(755 Views)

Can you find the name of the window "automatically"? That depends on what you mean by "automatically". There have to be some working conditions. Is the user supposed to first click on the window? Is the LabVIEW app supposed to prompt the user to click on the window? Is the LabVIEW app supposed to wait for another window to be active and then use it as the target window? (The GetForegroundWindow function can be used for this.) Is the LabVIEW app supposed to get a list of all open windows and determine which one to use based on some criteria? (You can use the EnumWindows function for this, but that requires using a callback.) Is the "other" window always a Notepad window? I have no idea what's on your screen or what's supposed to be there, so unless you define some requirements and/or criteria, I'm not sure what I can suggest...

this thema is very dificult for my, i didnt work with libraries before

That's why I recommended an alternative approach, like AutoIt, which provides a simpler ActiveX interface.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(742 Views)

(Can you find the name of the window "automatically"?) i mean this " Is the LabVIEW app supposed to prompt the user to click on the window "
cause I should write in any Windows from my PC where it can be text, such as a combobox or rename a folder or file, microsoft word and not only notepad 

(The GetForegroundWindow function can be used for this.) i look this function but it has not parameter and i dont know how can i it use Smiley Sad
really i dont understand how it works, i think this gives me the hWnd number. right?

i thought that the ActiveX is only for specific programs and i need write anywhere. or am I wrong?

thanks Smiley Happy

regards
Johana

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(733 Views)