LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 238 VI

Hello

I am using this VI(attached below) to control keithley 238 using labview 8.6 through a NI-GPIB-USB HS adaptor.  This VI sweeps the voltage from "start voltage" to "stop voltage" in increments of  user programmable number of points.  The VI then records the current measured by the keithley 238 , for each voltage point, in the form of a graph as well as a table.

I typically use 1V per point. So initially i sweep from 1V to 10V though 10 points, and it works very well. However at higher values, like 1V to 60 V, if i put in 60 points, i dont see any current data measured and recorded. If i put less points, say 30, it works.

Once it doesnt record data, which happens if i put more points,  the VI stops working  completely and i must restart it again.

Could you please help me out with what is wrong and what should i change.?

Regards and thanks

poli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,865 Views)
I dont have one of these instruments to test, nor a manual of their operation, but the main thing is that you monitor the error terminals.  Are you recieving any errors?  It looks like you have an indicator for your error terminals, so you should see any. Have you tried running this in highlight execution or step through the code to see exactly where it freezes up?
Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
Message 2 of 3
(2,829 Views)

Dear poli,

Did you get the serial polling to work at the end of sweep?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,192 Views)