LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithely 2420 is not showing up in devices and interfaces in NI-MAX

Hello,

i am with windows 10 with labview 2018  and NI-VISA 18.0

the problem is MAX is not showing the keithley 2420 in ""device and interface"" section on the left,though its showing when i am opening visa interactive control by going to tools<ni visa control,

the program i made detected the "visa resource name" and then the program ran but when i am running an .exe nothing is not happening.

i have tried everything but nothing is working and same problem is coming with windows xp version system with respective drivers and applications installed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,799 Views)

Hi jyot,

as the Keithley DMM is no NI device it will not show up in the "devices" subtree in MAX: here only NI devices are listed!

When the device is connected by RS232, LAN or GPIB it might pop up under VISA, as VISA is handling those ports.

the program i made detected the "visa resource name" and then the program ran but when i am running an .exe nothing is not happening.

There propably "something" happens! Did you do some error handling? Are there any error messages/numbers popping up?

same problem is coming with windows xp version system

Don't use WinXP nowadays anymore…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,786 Views)

There propably "something" happens! Did you do some error handling? Are there any error messages/numbers popping up?

same problem is coming with windows xp version system

Don't use WinXP nowadays anymore…

Hi gredW,

I didn't do anything like error handling and other thing.I just simply took out the keithley connected to winxp system (when it was off) and took it to connect with my laptop.but when I connected it again nothing is happening (no error), even the keithley is not in (REM,Listen/talk mode),but here again in winxp also the keithley is communicating when I open in "visa interactive control"

I can't update the windows as there are other programs ( softwares) in the system like chemical vapour deposition and others. So anything else that I should be doing?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,773 Views)

How do you connect the Keithley with your computers?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,757 Views)

Hello,

I connect the keithley by gpib cable(kusb 488b)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,745 Views)

Hi jyot,

is that Keithley USB-2-GPIB installed correctly on both computers?

When I used one of them some years ago it was quite a hassle to get it working (compared to running-of-the-shelf NI GPIB connectors)…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,731 Views)

Hi Gredw,

yeah,

it has been installed correctly,though the device(keithley)is not showing up in my win10 in NI MAX,but its showing in VISA INTERACTIVE CONTROL,and then i when run the program with address (visa resource name) it runs,but not with .exe (application).

same goes with winxp system

keithley driver software-kussb,interface is IEEE 488.2 (GPIB,Serial)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,728 Views)

hey gredw,

one problem has got solved, gpib devices are noow showing up in the devices and interface section,i just marked NI vis tulip dll. by passport settings in ni max,

but the program is not running in winxp still

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,723 Views)

The manual for that kUSB GPIB controller contains a subject "Using Keithly controllers with NI Software "  try reading it.

Trust me,  it helps to RTFM.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,718 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

The manual for that kUSB GPIB controller contains a subject "Using Keithly controllers with NI Software "  try reading it.

Trust me,  it helps to RTFM.

Can you send me the link of it

And RTFM doesn't sound cool rather its rude(no offense)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,715 Views)