LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k8055

Hi,
I am using the vellaman usb card k8055 to genrate digital i/o.I managed to find out an VI from their website that can be used to run the card and it works fine.I would like to extend this to use it in 4 cards at the same time,since my application involves a lot of digital i/os.I tried using the same call function in one VI and it dosent work.Could anyone please give me any advice on how to implement this on one VI for 4 cards.
I have attached the VI which is runnign fine for one card.

Kindly to give your suggestions

Kind regards

Joseph
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 42
(7,072 Views)

hi,

could some one also advice me on how to software time the usb card to give pulse output through the digital channels for the usb k8055 card.

If anyone has any cluse on this please do reply asap.

Regards

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 42
(7,025 Views)
Hi Joseph,

I used one of these cards a while ago and wrote some LabVIEW to control it. I never developed it much or did any testing with it.

From what i can remember to get a signal out you need to make repeated calls to the board updating the new value to be output. This then means that for ever new value you need to make a call via the dll. If you want to send a sine wave then the maximum frequency that you out put is determined by the number of data points and the speed at which you can update them. This results in quite a low frequency. I think the same will apply to digital.

If you want to trigger events then you could you the seconds to date time subVI but don't wire the left hand side. The right hand side will then return a cluster of the current time. You can then use this time to trigger a call to the dll. I don't think this will be very dependable though. If your computer gets tied up with other things then it may or may not make the call on time.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 42
(7,023 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the reply . I treid connecting the time/data VI,but shows an error.Hw do u actually trigger a call ?? soory,but i am quite new to labview.ive attched a sample VI of what ive done.Done mind the booleans,just tried tat for a test.

Regards

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 42
(7,019 Views)
Hi Joseph,

I've attached some vi's that i wrote. I hope they still work ok. Let me know how you get on.

Try K8055 8 CH Digital Signal Control_MODII.vi first. The rest are a bunch of subVI's that might set you on your way.

Phil
Message 5 of 42
(7,007 Views)

Hi Phil,

Thanks a lot for that.it seems there is one VI missing the digital channel ON/OFF VI.It dosent work because tat Subvi is missing i think.

Also do you have any idea how to implement this to multiple cards.I tried downloading the latest DLL form the velleman website,but it dosent work,with the VI i had given before.

Thanks for the help,and do send in the missing subVI if you have it.

CheersSmiley Happy

Regards

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 42
(7,002 Views)
Hi Joseph,

Sorry about that. It's attached with another vi i found.

I never tried multiple cards, but i guess that you just set the device address to correspond to the jumper settings on the K8055 (i.e. address 0 for K8055 with jumper setting 0, address 1 for K8055 with jumper setting 1 etc). Let me know how you go.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 42
(7,000 Views)
Hi Phil,
I did try out your VI,but the programs always fails and everytime i try to run it it says that the programz not responding,and I end up starting it up again.Regarding the multiple cards,i did download the DLL form the website,the same one which was with you.Seems like it had a bug and they fixed it.The 3rd version of the DLL claims to have solved the problem of using multiple cards and the bugs od the digital outputs,but this latest one dose not work with LabVIEW.So in a fix again.Lemme noe what you feel about it,and thanx a lot for the help.Has been gr8.

Cheers

Joseph
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 42
(6,989 Views)
Hi Joseph,

I guess that you need to modify their program to get it to interface with the different cards. Try plugging in all the cards and then change the card number (with the vi stopped). Does that work? Try using one of the subvi's that i sent to you called K8055 Open Device.vi. Plug in all the cards. Select the first device address and run it. What number does it return. Hit ctrl-alt-del and bring up the windows task manager. Is there a program called K8055E0.exe (or K8055E1.exe if address 1 etc). Try and open all the cards. Let me know if that works.

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 42
(6,985 Views)

Hi Phil,

The cards do open fine,it dose show 0 when im trying to open card 0 and 1 when its 1.(ive connected 2 cards at ta moment). The application works fine for diffrent cards on a single VI,ie i can change the number of card and use it,but it dose not when i use two loops.Ive just attached a VI tat i was trying to do,with two sets of outs and in for the two cards seperatly.The LEDs on one card ( card 0) do come on and off while the program is running,on the other card ( card 1) the LEDs opeate only when the program starts or stops.Also i noted that the CPU is 100% when the VI runs.what do you think I am doing wrong here?

Regards

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 42
(6,979 Views)